Thanks to everyone for helping make our virtual run community such a fun and inspiring place to be! This post is intended to help communicate our proposed mail out and pick up schedule for finishers t-shirts and medals.
Please note that I handmade every single finishers medal in our local pottery studio and due to the limited amount of people allowed in the studio at one time and other COVID restrictions, it has prolonged the overall process. I appreciate your patience and I hope it will feel worth the wait when you do receive your medal make with love. That said, some medals turned out perfectly, while some medals look more like a blob. It's the way it goes and this year, of all years, I am learning to cherish the blobs even more. xo
Please read through ALL of this information carefully.
August 24th to August 28th - No Horse, Yes Horse & No Goat, Yes Goat items.
September 21st to September 25th - No Bear, Yes Bear "April" finishers items.
November 9th to 13th - No Moose, Yes Moose & No Bear, Yes Bear "October" finishers items.
Kelowna Pick Up
We have hosted two other pick ups so far and this is the last one left :) If you are coming from outside of Kelowna to pick up, please email Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can pull your items aside.
You can send someone else to pick up your items for you and we can box up items for any groups. Please email Hannah if you would prefer we do this for you.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7th
4pm - 5pm
Kelowna Apple Bowl
- No Moose, Yes Moose & No Bear, Yes Bear "October" finishers
- Anyone who has anything left to pick up.
Covid Protocols for Pick Up
There will be 2-3 pick up lines, 6 meters apart, to choose from. Please don't allow more than 5 people in a line up at a time. In an effort to keep the process safe, well spaced out and effecient, please refrain from loitering before or after picking up your items. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please be prepared to follow the following COVID safety protocols for pick up:
- wear a mask.
- stay 2 meters apart from others / using the designated marked areas.
- use hand sanitizer (provided at the tables).
- no loitering before or after pick up.
THE JUICY DETAILS
Our virtual run are fun community challenges for anyone who is looking for a supportive and encouraging space to help you to stay in touch with your goals and to keep training spirits high as we move through this tough and unprecedented time.
1. There is no additional cost to participate in the virtual run if you were registered for the 2020 Nimble Bear or Wandering Moose events via Ultra Signup. The virtual runs are included in the 2020 cancellation policy and is 100% optional.
2. If you already participated in the original No Bear Yes Bear but want to get involved again and support our series & local trail alliances further, you can also register online. Please note, however that you will only receive one shirt and one finishers medal.
3. If you weren't registered for either of these races this year, but want to participate in the Virtual Challenge(s), details are as follows:
In order to enter to win prizes, earn your finishers t-shirt and finishers medal, you must complete one of the official race distances. These vary depending on which virtual run you participate in and we have two virtual runs to choose from:
NO BEAR YES BEAR / PART II
You have between October 17th and 31st to complete your run and you can choose any one of the following distance: 10k, 25k or 50k.
REGISTRATION *CLOSES ON SEPT. 15th*
- Complete payment if you were not registered for the 2020 event. CLICK HERE.
- Everyone must add their information on the shared Google doc before they are officially registered. CLICK HERE.
- If you already participated in the original No Bear Yes Bear but want to get involved again and support our series further, you can also register online.
Please note, however that you will only receive one shirt and one finishers medal.
- Optional: join the private Facebook Group
- Optional: Join the Strava Group
NO MOOSE YES MOOSE
You have between September 26th and October 10th to complete your run and you can choose any one of the following distance: 10k, 21k or 42k.
REGISTRATION *CLOSED ON SEPT. 1st*
- Complete payment if you were not registered for the 2020 event.
- Everyone must add their information on the shared Google doc before they are officially registered.
3. Optional: join the private Facebook Group
4: Optional: join the Strava Group
Please note that only runners who were originally registered for these events in 2020 will be guaranteed a spot in the 2021 events. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you log between 10k & 50k (NBYB II) or 10k & 42k (NMYM) you will still qualify as a Quadzilla finisher and stay in the challenge to earn your Quadzilla finishers t-shirt and a change to win a free entry into the Salomon 4 Trails stage race in Austria or the Trans Rockies Run stage race in Colorado!
TELL ME ABOUT THE PRIZES!
We have decided to allocate our 2020 prizing to all of our virtual challenges this year and we want to thank our sponsors Hammer Nutrition Canada & Salomon for their longtime support.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR PRIZES
Tag a picture of your virtual run with #nobearyesbear or #nomooseyesmoose
We want to extend our gratitude to everyone for their understanding, kindness and support and we look forward to seeing everyone's online action and connecting virtually soon!
Rene & Team
Questions? Email us
Thank you to everyone who participated our NGYG virtual run! We had 175 athletes participate and together we ran a total of 4,647.69 kms!
We want to than our sponsors Salomon Canada, Hammer Nutrition Canada and Red Mountain Resort for all the awesome prizes.
- GEORGIA CARSTENSEN
- JOHN DEMMERS
12. 2 ADULT 2 DAY LIFT TICKET PASSES:
- MARNI KING
- SAM PRIDHAM
Finishers t-shirts, hand built ceramic medals and prizes will be mailed out in a few weeks. Thank you for your patience and thanks again for helping make the NO GOAT, YES GOAT such a positive and memorable experience. HUGS! - THE PACE TEAM