My son, Carter and I ran the 25k Nimble Bear race today to show our support for the Nimble Bear community and those of you doing the No Bear, Yes Bear Challenge. (it was also his first ever 25k which was really special).
We took a little video for inspiration and to go over the challenge. Please note that I forgot to mention the google doc we have set up for tracking, so I have added that detail (and others) below:
WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE?
The challenge is a fun virtual run set up for anyone who registered for the 2020 Nimble Bear 50km, 25km or 10km trail race originally scheduled for April 25th. The challenge encourages you to try to run the race distance you signed up for, however it's more important to u that you're staying connected with your goals and healthy right now - therefore if you run between 10k & 50k you qualify for prizes.
- The timeframe to log your run is between April 14th & April 28th.
- We will announce the prize draw on April 29th.
HOW DO I JOIN?
We have a Facebook page called No Bear, Yes Bear Accountability Challenge that you can join if you're on FB. It's a community space to share your training and post pictures of your final run. You don't have to be on FB to participate though.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY RUN?
- We have set up a google doc where you can add your name, the distance you were signed up for and the distance you ran for the challenge.
- You're also welcome to also post a photo, link to your strava move or other creative ways to share your run with your personal social media sites or on the private group Facebook page with the #nobearyesbear
- You can also email me the stats from your run if you don't want to post them.
- Click HERE to sign up on the google doc.
PLEASE NOTE: the google doc is the main way to track and what we will use to make the draw prizes, so be sure to add your name and details to the document before April 29th.
TELL ME ABOUT THE PRIZES!
We want to thank our sponsors Hammer Nutrition Canada & Salomon for their longtime support. We have decided to allocate our 2020 prizing to our race challenges this year. (please note we also have a No Horse, Yes Horse & No Goat, Yes Goat challenges). So while the real prize is having the health and motivation to get out and put some time on our feet, we also have the following prizes we will draw on Tuesday April 28th.
- 3 individual $100 product codes to shop online with Hammer Nutrition Canada.
- Salomon Running pack (mailed to the winner)
- variety of fun misc. prizes (mailed to the winner)
We want to extend our gratitude to everyone for their support. We are looking forward to the postponement date of October 17, 2020 and we look forward to seeing you in Rose Valley for a beautiful fall Nimble Bear run.
Rene & Team
Questions? Email us!