WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE?
We have created a fun community piece for any of our 2020 registered Wild Horse Traverse runners. It's a space to help support and encourage you to stay in touch with your goals and to keep training spirits high as we move through this tough and unprecedented time. It doesn't cost anything and doesn't replace the options offered when we announced the cancellations.
We believe strongly in the strength of our running community and in particular the PACE family when it comes to keeping a positive attitude, being kind, encouraging and celebrating one another's accomplishments. This challenge is more a way to help us all stay connected with one another and our goals, whether this means getting out for a 30min run, getting out for hike or setting high benchmarks and digging deep to achieve them.
You don't have to run a particular distance to register for the virtual run - anyone registered for the 2020 Wild Horse Traverse can participate, however in order to win prizes, earn your finishers t-shirt and finishers medal, you must run between 35k & 50k. You have between May 15th and June 7th to log your N.H.Y.H. run. (we will announce the prizes on June 8th via facebook watch party live)
HOW DO I REGISTER?
1. There is no additional cost to participate in the virtual run. It's part of your 2020 race entry fee and 100% optional.
2. Official registration is through the the No Horse, Yes Horse Google doc HERE. Everyone who registers BEFORE May 15th and completes between 35k & 50k earns a finishers t-shirt and medal which will be mailed after June 7th.
3. Join the private FB group called: NO HORSE, YES HORSE ACCOUNTABILITY CHALLENGE. This is being used as a positive and motivating community space that is totally optional. It's a great way to share training photos, meet new runners and engage with the Wild Horse community for those interested.
4. Tag a picture of your virtual run with one of the following:
FACEBOOK: PACE SPORTS FITNESS
If you log between 35k & 50k, you will still qualify as a Quadzilla finisher and stay in the challenge to earn your Quadzilla finishers t-shirt and a change to win a free entry into the Salomon 4 Trails stage race in Austria or the Trans Rockies Run stage race in Colorado!
TELL ME ABOUT THE PRIZES!
We want to thank our sponsors Hammer Nutrition Canada & Salomon for their longtime support. We have decided to allocate our 2020 prizing to all of our virtual challenges this year.
So while the real prize is having the health and motivation to get out and put some time on our feet, we also have the following prizes we will draw on Monday June 8th at 12pm PST via facebook watch party live on our PACE Sports Fitness & Mountain Running Camps facebook page.
- 3 individual $100 product codes to shop online with Hammer Nutrition Canada.
- Salomon Running pack (mailed to the winner)
- variety of fun misc. prizes (mailed to the winner)
- rolling tools donated by Kits4Therapy
We want to extend our gratitude to everyone for their understanding, kindness and support and we look forward to seeing everyone's online action and connecting virtually soon!
Rene & Team
Questions? Email us!