WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE?
We believe strongly in the strength of our running community and in particular the PACE family when it comes to keeping a positive attitude, being kind, encouraging and celebrating one another's accomplishments. This challenge is a fun community piece for our 2020 registered Broken Goat runners and anyone else who is looking for a supportive and encouraging space to help you to stay in touch with your goals and to keep training spirits high as we move through this tough and unprecedented time.
You don't have to run a particular distance to register for the virtual run - anyone registered for the 2020 Broken Goat can participate, however in order to win prizes, earn your finishers t-shirt and finishers medal, you must run one of the official Broken Goat race distances: 12k, 25k, 50k. You have between July 4th and July 20th to log your N.G.YG. run. (we will announce the prizes on July 21st via facebook watch party live)
HOW DO I REGISTER
1. Official registration is through the the No Goat, Yes Goat Google doc HERE.
2. Everyone who registers BEFORE July 4th and completes the race distance they sign up for, earns a finishers t-shirt and hand-made finishers medal which will be mailed after July 20th.
3. Optional: join the private Facebook Group *
4: Optional: join the Strava Group *
Please note that only runners who were originally registered for the Broken Goat in 2020 will be guaranteed a spot in the 2021 event at a 75% discount. Thank you for your cooperation.
*These platforms are being used as a positive and motivating community spaces that are a great way to share training photos, meet new runners and engage with the Broken Goat community for those interested.
1. There is no additional cost to participate in the virtual run if you were registered for the 2020 Broken Goat via Ultra Signup. It's included in the 2020 cancellation policy and is 100% optional.
2. If you weren't registered for Broken Goat this year, but want to participate in the Virtual Run you can complete you registration HERE.
If you log between 12k, 25k or 50k, you will still qualify as a Quadzilla finisher and stay in the challenge to earn your Quadzilla finishers t-shirt and a change to win a free entry into the Salomon 4 Trails stage race in Austria or the Trans Rockies Run stage race in Colorado!
TELL ME ABOUT THE PRIZES!
We have decided to allocate our 2020 prizing to all of our virtual challenges this year and we want to thank our sponsors Hammer Nutrition Canada & Salomon for their longtime support, as well as Kitz4Therapy and Red Mountain Resort.
- 3 individual $100 product codes to shop online with Hammer Nutrition Canada.
- Salomon Running pack & clothing (mailed to the winner)
- variety of fun misc. prizes (mailed to the winner)
- rolling tools donated by Kitz4Therapy
- PACE Hoody
- Two 2 day adult lift tickets for RED Mountain Resort for the 2020-2021 winter season. (2 individual prizes for 2 different people that can each bring a guest)
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR PRIZES
Tag a picture of your virtual run with one of the following:
We want to extend our gratitude to everyone for their understanding, kindness and support and we look forward to seeing everyone's online action and connecting virtually soon!
Rene & Team
Questions? Email us
Thank you to everyone who participated our NHYH virtual run! We had 81 athletes participate and together we ran a total of 3230km.
We want to than our sponsors Salomon Canada, Hammer Nutrition Canada and Kits4Therapy for all the awesome prizes. We gave away over $750 worth of prizes :)
- Jeremy Papp
- Jamie Arnett
Finishers t-shirts, hand built ceramic medals and prizes will be mailed out in a few weeks. Thank you for your patience and thanks again for helping make the No Horse, Yes Horse such a positive and memorable experience. HUGS! - Rene